the demolition depot

This weekend I paid a visit to the The Demolition Depot in Harlem. It has been on my list for months and I am curious every time I pass by and see the mantles, bathtub, etc. lined up out front.

The store is full of architectural salvage treasures. Lighting, plumbing, windows, doors, hardware, some furniture ... and several cats. I spent a good hour wandering the four floors and taking pictures. If I had a project in the area, I would spend days there scouring each floor for vintage pieces to incorporate. It was really fun to explore.


I don't know what their prices are like because they tag them with an item # and you can inquire about each piece. I didn't want to waste their time for my curiosity.

You can view the online inventory here.

Visit the store at 125th Street between 2nd and 3rd Avenue.

6 comments:

Kellie said...

what a cool place to visit! there is so much stuff!

Amber said...

that place is awesome! i wish there was one here. i just looked at their inventory online and found a mahogany desk and a turqoise distressed dresser i want.

Caitlin said...

This place looks amazing, I've never heard of it before but I am sure there would be lots of treasures tucked away.

Zaneta :) said...

I've been wanting to go there as well. Thanks for the mini tour!

TnD said...

The prices are crazy expensive. I used to work two blocks from there and would scour their wares all the time. I used to dream of buying my own brownstone and then detailing it from Demolition.

The Danimal said...

we have one of these in Seattle and I love it so much. it's such a great great idea. I remember someone made this amazing ceiling lamp out of a pasta strainer. so earth friendly and fun.