creamy lemon basil dip


1 ¼ cup low-fat sour cream
¾ cup ricotta cheese
½ cup reduced fat mayo
1 lemon, juiced
¼ cup fresh chopped basil
1 medium garlic clove, minced

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

With all of the summer park outings I'm always looking for something fast + fresh to bring along. I made this dip for a picnic and we served it with veggies and my new favorite pretzels.

I substituted frozen basil cubes from Trader Joe's because I was in a rush and didn't have fresh basil at home (they are my favorite short-cut for fresh herbs). It was a tasty combination with the basil, lemon, and ricotta cheese.

4 comments:

haircutting in high heels said...

glad I passed thru your page, yummy recipe! I love T.J's!

Kelly said...

Hmmmm, thank you. I needed something to bring to bbq at the park tonight. I think I'm going to give this a try.

Amber said...

that sounds yummy. very summery! i even have lemon basil in my herb garden!

Kellie said...

yum, sounds delish.