yo-yo ma

Tonight on PBS you can watch Yo-Yo Ma and The Silk Road Ensemble perform on Live from Lincoln Center. We attended the dress rehearsal last night and it was wonderful.

The music is an mix of East & West, some of the most unique sounds I have ever heard. I also fell in love with a musical instrument I have never heard, the kamancheh, played by Kayhan Kalhor from Iran (seated on the right of Yo-Yo).


Right now it is pouring rain in NYC, if this keeps up they might broadcast yesterday's performance tonight (look for us on the front row)!

3 comments:

Amber said...

wow! that's so awesome. i'll have to watch it.

Kellie said...

what a fun thing to go see!

Emily said...

wow you lucky girl! Hearing them live must have been such a treat. I will always remember the first time I heard about Yo-yo ma. I was about 5 and he was on Arther.