tuesday thrifting

I've been neglecting this blog lately because I've been traveling in Utah, but I have a few vintage finds to show you from our shopping trip today at the local thrift store.

First up, a set of 10 pretty green glasses:


I don't usually find sets this large and I thought they would be worth storing at only $5 for the set (I am easily suckered by glassware).

Then I saw this... and I knew I was in trouble...

I live 2200 miles away and I bought a sofa. I can visualize my husband shaking his head at this moment (he hasn't seen it yet). I have four days to find a sofa-sitter or to talk my parents into storing it for me. I better practice my explanation...

Look at that fabric, can't you see it sitting in a sun room? or nursery?


Its in really good condition...and its comfortable!

How could I refuse such a treasure? It was a steal. It was begging me to buy it. Basically, I have an obsession with this sofa.

If that doesn't work maybe I'll try crying. I'll let you know how it goes.

13 comments:

Amber said...

wow, love the sofa. it would have to be a killer deal for me to ever be brave enough to do that. i get nervous about spending money on big items. :) love the colors, and pattern. so fun. and the glasses are fantastic too. i have been wanting some green, blue, or red glasses. no such luck yet. the new DI is just down the street from me though. i can't wait until it opens.

Kathryn said...

LOVE the green glasses. Do you really have to store them? Let's drink lemonade with them.

Ransacked Goods said...

You're crazy but brave. Quite a score. I totally had those glasses growing up....

angela hardison said...

the sofa is amazing. great find!

Erin said...

Love it. (the couch) Wish I found it first! :)

Amy said...

Wow - my husband would go freaking batshit crazy if I bought a couch that far away from home!!! Looks great though! Good luck getting it across the country...let us know how that goes!

kelli said...

the couch is great. I keep thinking of all the things you could do with it. the shape is so, so perfect.

Diana said...

Oh my word, that sofa is uh-mazing! You lucky duck...finding such a treasure! I hope your husband lets you keep it.

Kellie said...

i know a very good babysitter :) so so prittay. "you girls are insane!"

FancyPants-design said...

That sofa rocks!! I would do the exact same thing so I can definitely relate.

K. Anela Holck said...

I would have done the same thing. What an amazing find!

paula said...

sounds like something I would do. It is gorgeous though!

The Lil Bee said...

No, you did the right thing. It is absolutely gorgeous!