philip johnson : the glass house


This weekend we toured The Glass House designed by Philip Johnson, something I have been hoping to do since we moved to NYC. It was a beautiful day and one of the best day trips we have ever made out of the city.

We hopped on the train to New Canaan, Connecticut. Here are our pictures from the day (an overload... but I couldn't cut any out...)

/// i especially loved the interior materials + details /////

/// view from the house /////

/// outdoor furniture - my favorite side table /////

/// johnson had two art galleries on the property /////

/// part of his inspiring art collection /////

/// inside + out of the gate house 'da monsta' /////

10 comments:

Bri said...

Oh, how I want to go to that place. Thanks for the info and for the lovely pictures.

Amber said...

very cool. gorgeous location. very inspiring.

angela hardison said...

OH man, love those alternating black & white bertoias.

JC said...

Oooooh, I'm jealous! I've been wanting to go see that! Were you not just dying?

Joanna Goddard said...

oh this is so incredible! thank you so much for sharing all the photos!

Erin said...

What a fun trip. This is probably such a dumb question, but thats not the ferris bueller house is it?

Jill said...

i'm crazy about the bertoias too. i need.
and jenn yes i was loving every bit of it.

erin it does look A LOT like the ferris bueller house, you can see a picture of that house here.

Brooke Reynolds said...

How could I have lived in NYC for 10 years and never make it there!? Here I am kicking myself!

Kellie said...

cool photos! doesn't look too busy there? i love the details too

TnD said...

Love the glass house. Dare I say, it would be even better on an isolated lake with a glassy surface.