ellis island

Ellis Island is one of my very favorite 'tourist spots' in New York City. I think there is a special feeling there because I always think of my ancestors and what they went through to come here (no matter when they came).

The exhibits on the 2nd Floor are awesome, some of the greatest 'old' typography examples around. I love looking through the maps and brochures.

From our field-trip this weekend:



Isn't this Art Deco style building great? It was the first time I noticed it there.

6 comments:

Kellie said...

so neat. glad you go to to there!

Amber said...

that is definitely on my list of places to see. i think it is just a neat idea and place.

Bri said...

Oh, so lovely! The typography is amazing for sure.

linsey said...

i love the beautiful scripty handwriting over the clunky red. it is perfect.

Lindsey said...

I felt the same way when I visited Ellis Island. Such a touching site.

{lovely little things} said...

Been to NYC a handful of times but never to Ellis Island, I'll have to stop by next time I'm in town