speedball textbook

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This Speedball Textbook is one of my favorite things to pull off the shelf when I'm needing typography inspiration. I used to take it out of my Mom's desk drawer and try to mimic the letters with a fountain pen. The newer edition that I have isn't quite as good as this 1972 version.

4 comments:

Mary Elizabeth Liberty said...

So funny, I have the same 1972 version here on my shelf. My grandma gave it to me a few years ago.

Amber said...

I swear I remember seeing that at your parents' house. Very cool.

Megan Clark said...

I was just inspired by a similar source. I LOVE TYPE.
Thanks for sharing yours!!

Kellie said...

i remember that book! love it