pysanka

[ images ]

()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()

Pysanka is the name for Ukrainian egg decorating, each beautiful design can be intricate because the designs are 'written' on the egg with beeswax. I can imagine it takes a lot of patience to make one egg.

I found a simple tutorial on flickr if you want to try it for yourself. You can also see a library of designs here.

I hope you have a lovely Easter weekend! I won't be posting again until Monday.

7 comments:

katelynjane said...

Oh very cool! I'd love to try these one day, thanks for the link to the tutorial! Happy Easter!

Little House said...

Spacecraft in Williamsburg is offering a workshop on Saturday--I read about it in Daily Candy today.

Amber said...

those are beautiful. our eggs this year are doing to consist of Star Wars stickers. :)

Have a wonderful Easter weekend!

paula said...

These put my eggs to shame...Happy Easter!

sarah said...

wow, beautiful!

simplesong said...

soo lovely [as is your blog!]. hope you're having a great weekend.

Kellie said...

these are so beautiful