the best recipe

A couple of months back I was talking with a friend about cooking, and she shared with me her favorite weapon in the kitchen. Most of her recipes come from America's Test Kitchen cookbooks. She raved. She cheered. She had me convinced within minutes that I must get some on my shelf. Well, I went over-board and ordered five of them...


It turns out that they are, in fact, great recipes. We have been happy with every one that we've tried. This weekend I used a sweet+sour sauce recipe from 30-Minute Recipes to make a vegetable stir-fry worthy of plate licking. If you're in need of some culinary inspiration, look no further.

(thank you Brittney)

11 comments:

paula said...

these sound great and look quite pretty piled up like that:)

Kathryn said...

That's what Nicole Hill swears by, right? I think she interned for them.

5?! You'll have to pick your favorite two and send to me. I think cookbooks is on my list of things I'm not allowed to buy anymore (along with eye shadow, lipgloss & shoes).

Erin said...

did you feel my funky vibe? that i can't get excited about cooking as of late? maybe i need these... maybe i need to give them to me for matt's birthday, cos really, it would be a gift to him, right?

Amber said...

thanks for the recommendation. i have been in a cooking slump lately maybe this will be what I need to get excited about it again.

Kellie said...

these look nice. i like thumbing through recipe books and trying something

kelli said...

Oooh.. we LOVE the New Best Recipe. (My sister uses it like her bible.. and she's hard to impress.) I really want to subscribe to Cooks Country magazine!

Emmy said...

Thanks! I always love a good cookbook. By the way, great blog. You always have something fresh and fin to look at.

Carlene said...

What a beautiful blog! I'd love to try this tonight.

The Bentley Family and Aussiemuminthekitchen said...

YAY! Anmerica's Test Kitchen is my absolute favorite too. I will be SHOCKED if you don't love every recipe. I too swear by them.

The Bentley Family and Aussiemuminthekitchen said...

Sorry but you said 3 of my favorite words (America's Test Kitchen) and that sparked a frenzy. You have to try the Chocolate Blackout Cake- OH MY! It is my fave chocolate cake to date. It is the best. Happy cooking.

Jess said...

I love the Test Kitchen!
You can sign up on their website to test recipes too.
That is really fun.