nested

I'm away from NY this week visiting my sister and her almost-here little one. Today I saw the product of her 'nesting' up close and I am so excited to show it to you. The nursery is just ready & waiting for their little one.

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

The details:

[ the crib ] : from Target

[ the bedding ] : the giraffe/polka dot fabrics are from Purl Soho, the cream twill/black piping are from Jo-Ann's Fabric, all made by my Mom

[ picture wall ] : images from flickr, Dick & Jane books, & scrap albums, frames from Ikea

[ alphabet cards ] : from Hip & Humble, hanging from clothes-pins and twine

[ mid-century dresser ] : from the classifieds

[ rocking chair ] : found at a tag sale, fixed up by my Mom, fabric from Pink Chalk

[ foot stool ] : found at Elemente

22 comments:

Kelly said...

Oh my gosh I love this room. I know who I'm going to hire next time around. I can't wait to see the pictures of the little guy.

Mrs. Smith said...

This is the most unique, adorable, amazing nursery I have ever seen! I love this!

Lindsey said...

What a lovely nursery! It's inspiring, really.

kelli said...

I love the rocking chair and foot stool! And the colors? They're perfect. Your mom needs to start a business. An etsy shop maybe? I'd buy.

Amber said...

Wow, it looks fantastic. I love all the colors and the modern and vintage feel. Absolutely perfect. Good job Kellie, and Laura!

.caroline armelle. said...

how darling. i love the alphabet cards!

dolcechic said...

This is such a great nursery!

missy said...

This is gorgeous. Will your mom accept business from anyone? This is BEAUTIFUL. Congrats to your sister and new little one (there couldn't be any better news to announce right?)

seesaw designs said...

those giraffes are adorable!

// e // said...

:: Perfect ::

Chelsey said...

That really is adorable. I think the interior design gene runs in your family. ;)

paula said...

This is one of the best nursery's I've seen. That fabric could not be any more perfect.

paula said...

do you know where the giraffe is on their site? I can't seem to find it.

The Bentley Family said...

Kell did such an awesome job! I could sit and look at pics of this room all day. The blue is perfectly calming!

Anela said...

So cute! What a lucky baby! I especially like the alphabet letters on twine. I might do something like that in my own room...but maybe with something more grown up. :)

robyn@marryme! said...

i LOVE this. fantastic job!

wide open spaces said...

really, really fantastic. i want to live in there.

veedaloca said...

I absolutely love this.

Jill said...

thank you for the comments everyone! i was reading them to my sister at the hospital today and she was smiling. :) she's very excited to take her little guy home.

paula i can't find the fabric on purl soho now, i will find out who the maker is and send you the info.

xo

Erin said...

this nursery is beautiful... i love everything about it -- simple and unique, and i especially the vintage furniture pieces. you/your sister/your mother have impeccable taste. i wish foxy could have a room like this.

Kathryn said...

I love this. The fabric on the chair is my favorite, especially.

Tina said...

how gorgeous is this little room! the prints on the walls are so cute, what a exciting time too