uppercase

With only 5/6 weeks (!) left until her baby arrives, my sister Kellie, is in a serious nesting phase. Most of our gchat conversations revolve around cribs, what to hang on the walls, etc. While searching for inspiration we came across this great gallery wall image:


This is why I love the internet. One website can be a gold-mine for ideas. The flickr page for Uppercase (a gallery & papergoods store in Calgary, Canada) is full of amazing images. Including an entire set dedicated to 'Old School' workbooks:


Wouldn't these be great in a frame? or collaged? or enlarged + framed? So my sister was going to do some digging this weekend through old school folders looking for good pages to frame for the bebe's room. This is also the reason I sometimes regret that I'm very big into purging. You just never know when you might need an old spelling test!

UpperCase is currently my favorite site, and I am still browsing through their flickr sets.



You can find Uppercase here: [ website/store ], [ flickr ], [ blog ], [ etsy ]. Thank you internet! Happy browsing.

4 comments:

Penny said...

Never did I think I would find old school books charming, but displayed as in these pictures - they look great. Those "dunce caps" are too funny! Thanks for sharing this information. Now I have another new blog to read.

Kellie said...

ah i love it. i hope it turns out...i want to find an old school looking clock online now too

Bryce and Candice Blood Family said...

How adorable! We were reading Mary Engelbreit's book of Mother Goose rhymes this morning and I couldn't stop drooling over the illustrations. They would be beautiful framed! How fun to be an auntie! He will certainly arrive in style, he has {Samuelson} genes...

Laura. said...

oh, these pictures are so beautiful! i love them.