furniture hunting

This weekend I went to the Salvation Army, CB2, Muji, Crate & Barrel, The Container Store, West Elm, and several vintage shops in search of a replacement desk for our office. Our current desk from Ikea is small and awkward for working.

In my searching I have come to two conclusions:

1) there is a lot of ugly furniture in this world
2) a good desk is hard to find, unless you're willing to pay $1000+


I almost bought the west elm parsons desk , it is the right size and has a simple style. I'm so glad that I waited because I think I found the same one on Craigslist, in white. We are currently in email negotiations, I'm crossing my fingers!

6 comments:

Amber said...

lol, no kidding there is a lot of ugly furniture in the world! I always wonder who buys it.

we need a new desk too, but it'll have to wait. hope you get the one you want from Craigslist.

Kellie said...

that is such a nice desk. i need a bigger one that i can spread out more on too. i hope you win the craigslist one!

Kathryn said...

Oh my gosh, you must have been on rollerskates all day. That's a lot of walking in NYC.

I love that desk. My fingers are crossed for your bargaining skills.

Caitlin said...

I feel your wavelength. I think I have possibly been to every thrift store in Southern california. It is really annoying being in desperate need of furniture and not being able to find what you want. I wish you were here to help me prime paint and spruce things up. I am missing my Jill right now.

Caitlin said...

oh and I forgot to tell you I just got a parson's style desk in red. Not from west elm but it is a dead ringer

citysage said...

oof- how much do i love the styling in this shot?! let us know if the craigslist one worked out? i do so love the parson's desk...and that silver pouf is also to die for. a big step up from my "office" at the kitchen table!