small town antiques

When we drove into town earlier this week I saw this little shop right on Main Street and today we made our way back to explore. I picked up a few last minute treasures for Christmas (I can't show you those...) I really love antique/thrift shops, especially in small towns.

:: I have a thing for glassware ::

:: those blue rectangular dishes would be a favorite in my kitchen ::

: : lovely lavender cup + saucer set ::

:: milk glass salt + pepper ::

:: cream + sugar ::

:: too bad we can't take this pretty on the plane ::

Have a very Merry Christmas! I'll be back to posting next week.

5 comments:

Kellie said...

ahh! i love everything at this store! I hope you bought lots of treasures. That curio is amazing.

Amber said...

Wow they did have a lot of cool stuff. It is too bad you couldn't take it all back on the plane. Can't wait to see the treasures you picked for Christmas.

Claudia said...

I'm jealous. We just don't have the scope for antiquing here in Hawaii that you do on the Mainland, and what there is available, is overpriced. Nice photos.

Kathryn said...

How fun! Where is that store? I want those green dishes (with the flowers). SO pretty. Can't wait to see what you came away with.

citysage said...

Amazing! What a selection, and I can't believe the price for that china hutch. that's the best thing about small town thrifting---it doesn't get picked over as much, so there's tons of gorgeous items, and they're not overpriced like they tend to be in the more touristy areas. What fun you must have had there!

happy new year to you and hope 2009 brings all that you desire and more :)