MoMA :: van gogh exhibit


On Saturday I spent a fun-filled morning at the MoMA. We went to see the special exhibit Van Gogh and the Colors of the Night. It was beautiful and interesting to read more about his style, direction, and methods.

They don't allow pictures inside the exhibit but you can click on the link above for the online exhibition, or, if you'll be in New York, the exhibit is open through January 5th.

It often seems to me that the night
is much more alive and richly colored than the day.
- Vincent Van Gogh, September 8, 1888

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

In the MoMA's main atrium there was a video installation that attracted the crowds (along with the giant circular sofa for lounging). As for us, we only need our shadows to keep us entertained.

2 comments:

k. said...

LOVE our shadow photos. Love them. Priceless, seriously.

I love the MoMA.

I need my external drive to start working (boo).

Amber said...

I need to make sure the MoMA is on my list of places to see when I make it to NY someday. Love your silhouette pictures. And that picture of the bottom of the curtain is so rich and lovely.