handiwork

My sister has claimed a hidden treasure from my parents house that she found in a storage room, a beautiful quilt made by my great-grandmother Ivy. I'm crazy about the hexagons and the colors, it must have taken a very long time to make. We're estimating it was made around 1920-1930 (before color-fast cotton). Every time I look at it I find a new favorite piece.


What a treasure. It looks like I need to scour the storage rooms before the sisters take all of the goodies. Hope you all are enjoying the holidays. I'm taking time to enjoy family + the white winter weather.

4 comments:

Amber said...

that quilt is absolutely lovely. such a wonderful heirloom.

Kathryn said...

Oh my gosh - that's seriously beautiful. Could someone replicate it?

Kellie said...

i have yet to claim a quilt...I need to start digging around downstairs too!

dolcechic said...

This is beautiful! As is your blog!