cheese ball



My mom always makes cheese ball around the holidays. As kids (and now big kids), we would hover around the kitchen, dipping cracker (twigs + wheat thins) and licking our fingers until it was gone. My mom's cheese ball recipe is the best (in my view) and my attempt this weekend was so-so. My local grocer was out of roquefort cheese, so the deli man suggested I use bleu cheese crumbles. Which is okay, if you like bleu cheese, the strong flavor was over-powering to me.

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Cheese Ball
{modified from The Joy of Cooking}

Blend with fork (I used my hands to really blend it well):

1 cup Roquefort Cheese
1 cup grated cheddar cheese
8 oz soft cream cheese

Form into a ball.

1 cup pecans finely chopped

Spread over plate or cutting board and roll cheese ball until covered. Chill before serving with crackers.

5 comments:

k. said...

This was delicious - especially because I'm a blue cheese fan.

Kellie said...

it's that easy? i'll have to make some...and maybe mom will make some while you're in town!

Jill said...

yep, so easy. you should try it. and i'm looking forward to having some of mom's soon.

Amber said...

Matt's mom always makes a yummy cheese ball around the holidays too. They are just delicious.

porter hovey said...

Ohhh! These just look too great!! Yummy!!