modern in the movies

I saw the movie Twilight last night. I actually did swoon once, but not for the reasons you might think.

Edward's bedroom, the entire Cullen house. Beautiful. It is a modern house set in the the mountains and surrounded by a forest. It has expansive windows that connect the interiors to the outdoors and really, really great furniture.


:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

photography by Stephen Cridland

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

The home was designed by Skylab Architecture and was featured in the Portland Spaces magazine.

Edward's bedroom (as styled for the movie) is worth dreaming about. It is very neutral with open with floor to ceiling windows, a wall of shelving, and a clean aesthetic. The feature piece of furniture was the Barcelona couch designed by Mies van der Rohe which can be found at Knoll. I closely examined the same piece earlier this year when I toured the Knoll showroom in New York City and I can vouch for its loveliness.


:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::


also featured on Apartment Therapy, and SeeSaw

8 comments:

Kellie said...

i agree. the house was amazing. different than i pictured it would be though :)

Bree said...

NOT FAIR! I should have $20K worth of furniture in my room, not some vampire high-school student..ugh.

rob and maren watkins said...

love the site. so great. i'm OBSESSED with that house. are you KIDDING ME???

Amber said...

I saw some thing where they were talking about the Cullen's house. It looked amazing. So did you like the movie or not? I haven't seen it.

Bryce and Candice Blood Family said...

ha ha ha...this post totally cracked me up...i know the design from a real designers stand point must be beautiful and your excitment is almost enough to convince me to see the movie but I have a thing against seeing movies before reading the book and another thing about not reading Twilight books when I have so many other things to do...I guess I'll just have to enjoy your pictures and take your word for it...until Bryce watches the movie, he has read the book...

di said...

yes yes yes. i love everything you said. i especially liked the art on the walls (not the lame grad caps)...there was a painting(?) of an asian face that caught my eye during the film.

Jill said...

Interesting Di, now I want to watch it again just to see more of the house details. I actually like the grad cap art. The antiques in his room were great too.

JT and Lizzie Davis said...

I love the barcelona style. I keep noticing it in random places & wishing I had some in my house.